Monday, June 12, 2006

Greensboro

Well it has been a few days since I last posted due to the fact that have been driving through half of America. What a wonderful and beautiful country we live in. Man, you folks in Tennessee are blessed! Some of the prettiest country I have ever seen! I was thrilled to learn yesterday the a supply preacher who filled in for me shared with my folks that he was glad and excited to be in the pulpit, he would be praying for our convention but he does not go because "I don't get into the political stuff like your pastor does" GREAT!!!! Thanks a lot friend! Anyway, I got to the conference in time to catch the last part of Johnny Hunt ad leave when the the "Tele - Preacher" came on. I think Rick Warren is a great guy but if I want to see him via video I will pay the $$$$$ to be a Purpose Driven Church : ) After that I had dinner at Carabas with a good look'en woman...Got heartburn, fell asleep and dreamed about falling off mountain roads. I hear it is a good thing I missed the first preacher or else I would have heart burn before I had dinner

After dinner Mrs Jack and I stopped a the local Walgreens and there we met "John" John is a crack addicted young man who was pan handeling outside the store. I asked him if he was on anything and he admited he was coming down from crack and was simply hungry. We bought him dinner and had prayer with him. He claimed he was a christian and I can only hope he is...by the looks of him unless God intervenes he had less than 3 months here on thi world. Please keep him in your prayers.

Today I enjoyed the breakout sessions with the denom "Brainiacks" I thought Dr. Patterson and Dr. Mohler did a great job! It was a lovefest and as it should be. I love Dr. P and he is and has been a blessing in my life but don't you know if it was a real debate that Mohler would have dismantled him, bad eyes and all! I thought both guys did a great job of destroying some straw men!

I got to meet Paul Burleson, great guy and we share a common deacon...and then my wife and I enjoyed Mark Dever and the Church Discipline conference. According to the Queen Bee, when we get back to Dodge, we will discipline the whole bunch and start all over again!


Let's just hope God doesn't have to the same thing with us in Greensboro!

Blessings and hope to see you this week

No comments: